TAAS can provide Saturday Court workers to:
- Provide information to courts about children and young people known to the YOT
- Facilitate communication between the child, their parents, and the court, which will include identifying any speech or language difficulties, mental health concerns, signposting relevant services
- Provide information on the court processes to young people and their parents
- Present reports to the court
- Provide Bail and Remand information
- Record relevant information about the young people
- Prepare ASSET assessments
Research suggests that the involvement of a YOT representative influences magistrates decisions
with regard to sentencing, and in particular when assessing custodial sentences.
TAAS can provide trained individuals to be present at Saturday morning court, on a one off basis
or as a regular agreement.